The Metroid series jumps into 3D as Samus Aran responds to a distress signal from the Space Pirate Frigate Orpheon. As Samus begins to investigate the nearby planet of Tallon IV, she finds relics left behind by her adopted ancestors, the Chozo - and a plot by the Space Pirates to weaponize the new power of Phazon.
- Collect all suit upgrades, energy tanks, and weapon expansions. These include:
- 49 missile expansions, for a total of 250 missiles.
- 4 power bomb expansions, for a total of 7 power bombs.
- 14 energy tanks.
- 4 charge combos.
- Get 100% of logbook scans.
- Beat the game on Hard Mode.
- (Optional) Linking the game with Metroid Fusion using a GBA Link Cable will unlock a cosmetic Fusion Suit if Prime is Beaten, and the original Metroid if Fusion is beaten. Metroid may be Completed at your own discretion.
Metroid Prime TrilogyEdit
- Same as the original release, except Hard difficulty is now called Hypermode, and the original Metroid is not available.
- There are "credits" to collect, but all of these will be awarded as a result of the above completion criteria.
Master Run IdeasEdit
- Speed Run
- Minimalist Run
Energy tanks and weapon expansions are not uniquely identified or tracked in the game, so a thorough player may wish to use a checklist to avoid a long search for the remaining ones at the end of the game.
Several log book entries can be missed if not scanned before certain points in the game. Many of these are bosses (which you only see once), but others just disappear partway through the game. This guide by Rize has a list of the missable ones - look at the "Red Entry" list toward the bottom of the guide.