Thanks for your interest in contributing to the Backloggery Wiki! Here are a few guidelines to keep the site focused on the main goal: defining completion crtieria.
Creating Game Pages
- Under the Contribute menu, click "Add a Page," then give it a name and use the standard template.
- The standard page template has a rough outline, which can be filled in with details about the game.
- Try to name each page after the original release of the game, and include remakes as headers under "Completion Requirements."
- When listing systems, use the same names that are displayed on the front page of a user's Backloggery. This is almost always the "official" full name of the system, and will help drive a common standard.
- The two big exceptions are NES and SNES - the "full" name is used for almost everything else.
- Avoid creating system category pages for unusual systems like FDS and N64DD.
- System(s) and Additional Systems: The System(s) field is for the original release. Remakes, etc. should be listed under the Additional Systems field.
- Completion Requirements: The main portion of any page. Think of it like a checklist that a player could work through to see if they've completed everything.
- Be descriptive enough that a player could easily find more information online, but be brief enough to avoid spoilers where possible.
- Avoid broad statements such as "complete all the sidequests." We know you have to complete all the sidequests - but what are all the sidequests?
- Completion Tips: A place to make notes about things that may prevent or hinder completion if a player does not know them. Points of no return or details about requirements fit in well here. Just try to make it as spoiler-free as possible!
- Missables: Things that are required for completion that can be permanently missed if not gotten by a certain point in the game. Don't include anything that isn't lost forever, and don't include things that aren't required for completion, like minor items.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.